Q. Which of the following indicators used by Global Hunger Index for ranking countries?
2. Child wasting
3. Child stunting
4. Child mortality
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The 14thGlobal Hunger Index (GHI) 2019 was released recently and it had ranked India a lowly 102 among the 117 countries it had mapped.
- The GHI has been brought out almost every year by Welthungerhilfe (lately in partnerships with Concern Worldwide) since 2000.
- A low score gets a country a higher ranking which implies a better performance.
- The reason for mapping hunger is to ensure that the world achieves ―Zero Hunger by 2030 – one of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
Four indicators of GHI –
- Undernourishment (which reflects inadequate food availability)
- Child Wasting (which reflects acute under nutrition)
- Child Stunting (which reflects chronic under nutrition)
- Child Mortality (which reflects both inadequate nutrition and unhealthy environment)
Source: The Hindu