Q. Which of the following is/are come/s under the purview of charged expenditure?
1.Emoluments and allowances of the President of India.
2.Salaries and allowances of the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
3.Salaries, allowances and pensions of the judges of the Supreme Court.
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: The budget consists of two types of expenditure–the expenditure ‘charged’ upon the Consolidated Fund of India and the expenditure ‘made’ from the Consolidated Fund of India.
The charged expenditure is non-votable by the Parliament, that is, it can only be discussed by the Parliament, while the other type has to be voted by the Parliament.
The list of the charged expenditure is as follows:
- Emoluments and allowances of the President and other expenditure relating to his office.
- Salaries and allowances of the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha and the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- Salaries, allowances and pensions of the judges of the Supreme Court.
- Pensions of the judges of high courts.
- Salary, allowances and pension of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- Salaries, allowances and pension of the chairman and members of the Union Public Service Commission.
Source: Laxmikanth Polity