Q. Which of the following is/are components of “Integrated Power Development Scheme”?
1.Strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution networks in the urban areas
3.Schemes for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT enablement of balance urban towns are included under IPDS
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: In December 2014, the GoI launched a new programme – IPDS (Integrated Power Development Scheme) – a centrally sponsored scheme (CSS) with a Central grant between 60 to 85 per cent.
- Strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution networks in the urban areas.
- Metering of distribution transformers / feeders / consumers in the urban areas.
- IT enablement of distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network under R-APDRP for 12th and 13th Plans by carrying forward the approved outlay for R-APDRP to IPDS.
- Schemes for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT enablement of balance urban towns are also included under IPDS. Scope of IT enablement has been extended to all 4041 towns as per Census 2011.
- Underground cabling to include additional demand of States and smart metering solution for performing UDAY States and Solar panels on Govt. buildings with net-metering are also permissible under the scheme.
Source: TMH Ramesh Singh