Q. Which of the following is/are correctly matched?
Area report:Prepared by
1.Industrial credit : Gadgil
2.Agricultural Development :Kheragat
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: In the 1940s, we see several area-specific reports being published:
- Gadgil Report on Rural Credit
- Kheragat Report on Agricultural Development
- Krishnamachari Report on Agricultural Prices
- Saraiya Report on Cooperatives
- A series of reports on Irrigation (ground water, canal, etc.)
All these reports, though prepared with great care and due scholarship, the government had hardly any zeal to implement the plans on their findings. But independent India was greatly benefited when the planning started covering all these areas of concern.
Source: Ramesh Singh