Q. Which of the following is/are feature/s of Cabinet Committees?
1.They are extra-constitutional.
2.They are of two types–standing and ad hoc.
3.They are set up by the President on the advice of Prime Minister.
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: The following are the features of Cabinet Committees:
- They are extra-constitutional in emergence. In other words, they are not mentioned in the Constitution. However, the Rules of Business provide for their establishment.
- They are of two types–standing and ad hoc. The former are of a permanent nature while the latter are of a temporary nature. The ad hoc committees are constituted from time to time to deal with special problems. They are disbanded after their task is completed.
- They are set up by the Prime Minister according to the exigencies of the time and requirements of the situation. Hence, their number, nomenclature, and composition vary from time to time.
- Their membership varies from three to eight. They usually include only Cabinet Ministers. However, the non-cabinet Ministers are not debarred from their membership.
- They not only include the Ministers in charge of subjects covered by them but also include other senior Ministers.
Source: Laxmikanth Polity