Q. Which of the following is/are goal/s of National Health Policy 2017?
1.Increase health expenditure by Government as a percentage of GDP from the existing 1.15% to 5 % by 2025.
2.Increase Life Expectancy at birth from 67.5 to 80 by 2025.
3.Reduction of TFR to 2.1 at national and sub-national level by 2025.
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: The indicative, quantitative goals and objectives are outlined under three broad components viz. (a) health status and programme impact, (b) health systems performance and (c) health system strengthening. These goals and objectives are aligned to achieve sustainable development in health sector in keeping with the policy thrust.
Life Expectancy and healthy life:
- Increase Life Expectancy at birth from 67.5 to 70 by 2025.
- Establish regular tracking of Disability Adjusted Life Years (DALY) Index as a measure of burden of disease and its trends by major categories by 2022.
- Reduction of TFR to 2.1 at national and sub-national level by 2025.
- Increase health expenditure by Government as a percentage of GDP from the existing 1.15% to 2.5 % by 2025.
- Increase State sector health spending to > 8% of their budget by 2020.
- Decrease in proportion of households facing catastrophic health expenditure from the current levels by 25%, by 2025.