Q. Which of the following is/are source/s of geothermal energy?
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: India has a potential for producing around 10,600 MW of power from geothermal resources.
- Although India was among the earliest countries to begin geothermal projects since the 1970’s, at present there are no operational geothermal plants in India. 340 hot springs were identified across India.
- These have been grouped together and termed as different geothermal provinces based on their occurrence in specific geotectonic regions, geological and structural regions such as occurrence in orogenic belt regions, structural grabens, deep fault zones, active volcanic regions etc.
- Himalayan geothermal province
- Naga-Lushai geothermal province
- Andaman-Nicobar Islands geothermal province
- Cambay graben,
- West coast,
- Damodar valley,
- Mahanadi valley
Source: SHANKAR IAS Environment