Q. Which of the following is not a Greenhouse gas?
Explanation: Greenhouse Effect:
- The solar energy trapped by the earth atmosphere and radiate it slowly so to cover our earth with a warm blanket.
- This is the natural process of the greenhouse effect on earth to maintain its temperature and makes the earth perfect for life.
- Greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, other greenhouse gases are methane, water vapour, nitrous oxide, CFCs and ozone.
- Values of radiation absorbed by the greenhouse gases are as follow:
|Gas||Value of absorption in percentage|
|Carbon Dioxide||56.4 %|
|Nitro Oxide||5.4 %|
- If the amount of greenhouse gases crosses by delicate proportion, the natural greenhouse balance may get disturbed and there is a continuous rise in temperature of the earth by trapping the solar heat continuously.
- This creates the overall effect of Global warming.