Q. Which of the following pair is/are correctly matched?
1. Ain-i-Akbari Abul Fazl
2. Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri Jahangir
3. Padshah Nama Abdul Hamid Lahori
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Explanation: Language and Literature
- Persian language became widespread in the Mughal Empire by the time of Akbar’s reign. Abul Fazl was a great scholar and historian of his period. He set a style of prose writing and it was followed by many generations. Many historical works were written during this period. They include Ain-i-Akbari and Akabar Nama authored by Abul Fazl.
- The leading poet of that period was his brother Abul Faizi. The translation of Mahabharata into the Persian language was done under his supervision.
- Utbi and Naziri were the two other leading Persian poets.
- Jahangir’s autobiography, Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri was famous for its style. He also patronized many scholars like Ghiyas Beg, Naqib Khan and Niamatullah.
- Shah Jahan also patronized many writers and historians like Abdul Hamid Lahori, author of Padshah Nama and Inayat Khan who wrote Shah Jahan Nama. His son Dara Shikoh translated the Bhagavat Gita and Upanishads into the Persian language.
- Many historical works were written during the reign of Aurangazeb. Famous dictionaries of the Persian language were also compiled during the Mughal period.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11