Q. Which of the following pair/s is/are correct?
1.First Edict:Prohibition of animal sacrifice
2.Fourth Edict:Appointment of Dhamma Mahamattas
3.Sixth Edict:Religious tolerance amongst all sects
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
- First Edict: Declared prohibition of animal sacrifice
- Second Edict: Medical treatment of human and animals, planting beneficial medicinal herbs and roots, fruits, and the digging of wells
- Third Edict: Mentions Pradeshikas, Rajukas, and Yuktas and their need for going on tours of inspection every five years as part of their other duties, preaching dhamma, and also adopting liberal attitude towards Brahmanas and Shramanas
- Fourth Edict: Bheri Ghosha (war drum) replaced by Dhamma Ghosha and King Ashoka attached greatest value to this duty
- Fifth Edict: Appointment of Dhamma Mahamattas, a special cadre of officials entrusted to spread dhamma within the kingdom
- Sixth Edict: Mantri parishad and officers like Pulisani and Pativedakas (reporters)
- Seventh Edict: Religious tolerance amongst all sects and welfare measures for public not only in his own kingdom but also in the neighbouring kingdoms of Cholas, Pandyas, and that of Antiochus in the north-west.
Source: Tamil Nadu NCERT