Q. Which of the following pair (s) is/are correctly matched?
Missile /Defense system:Origin Country
1. Spike Missile:Israel
2. Tsirkon missile:Russia
3. Maareech torpedo defense system :India
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Russian administration announced on Russian Navy would be equipped with hypersonic nuclear strike weapons and underwater nuclear drones.
- Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile is designed to be carried on surface ships; it is under final phase of testing.
Spike Missile: Spike is an Israeli fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile and anti-personnel missile.
- It was developed and designed by the Israeli company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.
Maareech torpedo defense system: It is an Advanced Torpedo Defence System (ATDS) that is capable of being fired from all frontline ships.
- It has been designed and developed indigenously by DRDO.
- It is capable of detecting, locating and neutralizing incoming torpedoes.
Source: Indian Express & ForumIAS