Q. Which of the following place is known for “Salt water crocodile”?
Crocodiles are ambush hunters and apex predator of river systems of the India.
- There are three crocodilians species found in India, Mugger crocodile, the Gharial and the Saltwater Crocodile.
- Mugger crocodile and the gharial are found throughout the Indian subcontinent and they are ambush hunters, mostly prey on fish, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Saltwater Crocodiles are the largest species of crocodilians family and largest of all living reptiles in the world.
- The apex predator found in saline and brackish mangrove swamp forest of Bhitarkanika and Sunderbans.
- Bhitarkanika National Park in Kendrapara district of Odisha is a separates swamp region and mangroves forest.
- The park is home to largest Saltwater Crocodiles in India and many other species of reptiles such as White Crocodile, Indian Python and King Cobra.
Source: The Hindu