Q. Which of the following provision/s is/are covered under the Representation of the People Act, 1951?
1.Notification of general elections.
2.Administrative machinery for the conduct of elections.
3.Conduct of elections.
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: The provisions for the actual conduct of elections to the Houses of Parliament and to the House or Houses of the Legislature of each State, the qualifications and disqualifications for the membership of these Houses, the corrupt practices and other election offences, and the decision of election disputes were all left to be made in a subsequent measure.
In order to provide for these provisions, the Representation of the People Act, 1951 was enacted.
Broadly speaking, this Act contains provisions relating to the following electoral matters:
- Qualifications and disqualifications for membership of Parliament and State Legislatures
- Notification of general elections
- Administrative machinery for the conduct of elections
- Registration of political parties
- Conduct of elections
- Free supply of certain material to candidates of recognized political parties
- Disputes regarding elections
Source: Laxmikanth Polity