Q. Which of the following river is known as ‘Langchen Khamban’ in Tibet?
- The Satluj originates in the ‘Raksas tal’ near Mansarovar at an altitude of 4,555 m in Tibet where it is known as Langchen Khambab.
- It flows almost parallel to the Indus for about 400 km before entering India and comes out of a gorge at Rupar.
- It passes through the Shipki La on the Himalayan ranges and enters the Punjab plains.
- It is an antecedent river.
- It is a very important tributary as it feeds the canal system of the Bhakra Nangal project.
Source: Class 11th NCERT