Q. Which of the following schemes/missions are subsumed under Krishonnati Yojana?
1. National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA).
2. Sub-Mission on Agriculture Extension (SMAE).
3. Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH).
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
It is a Centrally Sponsored Umbrella Scheme that has been implemented since 2016-17. It comprises of 11 schemes / missions:
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)- to promote holistic growth of horticulture sector.
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM) including National Mission on Oil Seeds and Oil Palm (NMOOP)- to increase production of rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals, oilseeds and commercial crops through area expansion, restoring soil fertility and improving productivity.
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)- to promote sustainable agriculture practices focusing on integrated farming, appropriate soil health management and synergizing resource conservation technology.
- Sub-Mission on Agriculture Extension (SMAE)- to strengthen ongoing programmes of states/local bodies to achieve food security, empowering farmers, strengthen programme planning, ICT usage etc.
- Sub-Mission on Seeds and Planting Material (SMSP)- to increase production of certified / quality seed, increase seed replacement rate (SRR) and upgrade the quality of farm saved seeds.
- Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM)- to increase the reach of farm mechanization, promote ‘Custom Hiring Centres’ to offset the adverse economies of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost.
- Sub-Mission on Plant Protection and Plan Quarantine- to minimize loss to quality and yield of agricultural crops, shield agricultural bio-security, facilitate exports and promote good agricultural practices.
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture Census, Economics and Statistics- to undertake the agriculture census, study of the cost of cultivation of principal crops, to undertake research studies on agro-economic problems etc.
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Cooperation (ISAC)- to provide financial assistance for improving the economic conditions of cooperatives, remove regional imbalances.
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Marketing (ISAM)- to develop and provide agricultural marketing infrastructure, promote innovative and latest technologies and integrate markets through a common online market platform.
- National e-Governance Plan (NeGP-A) – to improve access of farmers to information &services, making available timely and relevant information to the farmers for increasing their agriculture productivity.
Source: The Hindu