Q. Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1. The first battle of Panipat took place between Humayun and Ibrahim Lodi
2. First battle of Panipat was won by Ibrahim Lodi.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- On the eve of Babur’s invasion of India, there were five prominent Muslim rulers – the Sultans of Delhi, Gujarat, Malwa, Bengal and the Deccan – and two prominent Hindu rulers – Rana Sangha of Mewar and the Vijayanagar Empire.
- Once again by the end of 1525, Babur started from Kabul to conquer India.
- He occupied Lahore easily by defeating its governor, Daulat Khan Lodi.
- Then he proceeded against Delhi where Ibrahim Lodi was the Sultan.
- On 21st April 1526 the first Battle of Panipat took place between Babur and Ibrahim Lodi, who was killed in the battle. Babur’s success was due his cavalry and artillery.
- Babur occupied Delhi and sent his son Humayun to seize Agra. Babur proclaimed himself as “Emperor of Hindustan”.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11