Q. Which of the following statement is not correct?
- Babur’s subsequent victories over Rana Sangha and the Afghans secured his position as the ruler of India. Rana Sangha of Mewar was a great Rajput warrior.
- He marched against Babur and in the Battle of Khanua (near Agra) held in 1527 Babur won a decisive victory over him. Babur assumed the title Ghazi.
- Babur was a great statesman and a man of solid achievements.
- He was also a great scholar in Arabic and Persian languages. Turki was his mother tongue. He wrote his memoirs, Tuzuk-i-Baburi in Turki language. It provides a vivid account of India.
- He frankly confesses his own failures without suppressing any facts. He was also a naturalist and described the flora and fauna of India.
Sher Shah’s Administration
- Although his rule lasted for five years, he organized a brilliant administrative system. The central government consisted of several departments. The king was assisted by four important ministers:
- Diwan –i- Wizarat – also called as Wazir – in charge of Revenue and Finance.
- Diwan-i-Ariz – in charge of Army.
- Diwan-i-Rasalat- Foreign Minister.
- Diwan-i-Insha- Minister for Communications.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11