Q. Who among the following is/are associated with leftist ideology?
1.S A. Dange
Choose the correct answer from below given codes:
Explanation: Meanwhile socialist ideas and its activists also had filled some space through their work among peasants and workers.
- The labour and peasant movements were organized by the ‘leftists. Marxism as an ideology to criticise colonialism and capitalism had gained ground.
- It manifested itself in the organization of students and youth apart from trade unions. Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhas Bose contributed to the spread of leftist ideology.
- They argued that both colonial exploitation and the internal exploitation by the emerging capitalists should be fought.
- A group of youngsters with S A. Dange, M.N Roy, Muzaffar Ahmed along with elderly persons such as Singaravelu form Tamilnadu founded the peasants and worker’s parties.
- The government came down heavily on the communist-socialists and the revolutionaries a series of ‘conspiracy cases’ such as Kanpur, Meerut, Kakori were booked.
Source: Tamil Nadu NCERT