Q. With reference to Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary, consider the following statements:
1. It is the second largest Mangrove ecosystems of the world.
2. Gahirmatha Beach forms the boundary of the sanctuary.
3. Brahmani, Baitarni and Dhamra rivers flow through the sanctuary.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- Statement 1 is incorrect: It is the second largest Mangrove ecosystems of India.
- Statement 2 is correct: Gahirmatha Beach and Marine Sanctuary lies to the east, and separates swamp region cover with canopy of mangroves from the Bay of Bengal. Thus, it become a vicinity of rich biodiversity.
- Statement 3 is correct: The national park and wildlife sanctuary is inundated by a number of rivers – Brahmani, Baitarni, Dhamra, Pathsala and others