Q. With reference to Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM), consider the following statements:
1. It includes members from both ISRO and NITI Aayog.
2. In case of any conflict its orders will prevail over the orders of the respective state governments.
3. All appeals against the Commission’s orders will be heard by the Supreme Court.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- Statement 1 is correct: It includes ex-officio members from the central government and concerned state governments and technical members from CPCB, the Indian Space Research Organisation and NITI Aayog.
- Statement 2 is correct: In case of any conflict, the orders or directions of the Commission will prevail over the orders of the respective state governments, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), state PCBs, and state-level statutory bodies.
- Statement 3 is incorrect: Appeals against Commission’s orders are to be heard by NGT.