Q. With reference to Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940, consider the following statements:
1. The Act clearly defines spurious, adulterated drugs and also misbranded drugs.
2. It also established the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO).
Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
Both statements are correct
About the Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940
- It is the central legislation that regulates India’s drug and cosmetic import, manufacture, distribution and sale. The Act clearly defines spurious drugs, adulterated drugs and misbranded drugs.
- This also established the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO). The Act also establishes regulatory control over the manufacture and sale of drugs.
- The State Health department has to regulate the manufacturing, sales and distribution of drugs. Drug Inspectors will control the implementation at ground level.