Q. With reference to Global Roadmap to Defeat Meningitis by 2030, Consider the following statements:
1. It is the first-ever global strategy to defeat meningitis.
2. It is released by World Health Organization (WHO).
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both statements are correct.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched the first-ever global strategy to defeat meningitis – ‘Global Roadmap to Defeat Meningitis by 2030’.
The roadmap includes three visionary goals:
- Eliminate epidemics of bacterial meningitis.
- Reduce cases of vaccine-preventable bacterial meningitis by 50% and deaths by 70%.
- Reduce disability and improve quality of life after meningitis of any cause.
Source: Down to Earth