Q. With reference to Inspiration4 mission, consider the following statements:
1. It is a manned spaceflight aboard the SpaceX Resilience capsule.
2. It will orbit the Earth higher than both International Space Station and the Hubble Space Telescope.
3. The mission involves circling the Earth for three days and then splashing down into the Atlantic Ocean.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
All statements are correct.
- Inspiration4 is a spaceflight planned for four people aboard the SpaceX Resilience capsule. The three-day flight will be the first human spaceflight to orbit Earth with exclusively private citizens on board. The flight will be privately operated by SpaceX using a previously-flown Crew Dragon capsule launched to low Earth orbit.
- The objective of the Inspiration4 mission: The mission involves circling the Earth for three days and then splashing down into the Atlantic Ocean. It will orbit the Earth at 575 km, higher than the International Space Station (408 km) and the Hubble Space Telescope (547 km). This will be the farthest distance travelled by a crewed mission since 2009, when astronauts last went to repair the Hubble.