Q. With reference to Manda buffalo, consider the following statements.
1. They are resistant to parasitic infections and less prone to diseases.
2. They are endemic to the Western Ghats.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Recently, The Manda buffalo has been recognised as the 19th unique breed of buffaloes found in India by the National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR).
About the Manda Buffalo:
- They are found in the Eastern Ghats and plateau of Koraput region of Odisha. (Statement 2 is incorrect)
- These buffaloes have ash grey and grey coats with copper-coloured hair. Some animals are silver white in colour.
- The Manda are resistant to parasitic infections, less prone to diseases and can live, produce and reproduce at low or nil input systems. (Statement 1 is correct).
Source: The Hindu