Q. With reference to Naga Cucumber, consider the following statements:
1. It is grown in Jhum fields as a mixed crop mainly during the Kharif season.
2. It can serve as an alternative to consuming sports drinks.
3. It is cultivated completely organically.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
All statements are correct.
- Naga Cucumber has been traditionally cultivated by Naga farmers in their Jhum fields as a mixed crop, mainly during the Kharif season (April –May).
- Naga cucumbers are juicy, soft, and sweet. They are grown completely organically.
- Naga cucumbers differ in taste, shape and sizes from those available in other parts of India.
- They are low in calories but high in potassium and contain a high level of water and can serve as an alternative to consuming sports drinks