Q. With Reference to the Central Bureau of Investigation, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. It was set up in 1963 by a resolution of the Ministry of Personnel.
2. It derives its powers from the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was set up in 1963 by a resolution of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Later, it was transferred to the Ministry of Personnel and now it enjoys the status of an attached office.
- The Special Police Establishment (which looked into vigilance cases) setup in 1941 was also merged with the CBI.
- The establishment of the CBI was recommended by the Santhanam Committee on Prevention of Corruption (1962–1964).
- The CBI is not a statutory body. It derives its powers from the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.