Q. With reference to the executive powers of the President, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. All executive actions of the Government of India are formally taken in his name.
2. He appoints the comptroller and auditor general of India and determines his salary and tenure.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The Indian President is the head of the state and he is also called the first citizen of India.
- He is a part of Union Executive, provisions of which are dealt with Article 52-78 including articles related to President (Article 52-62).
- All executive actions of the Government of India are formally taken in his name.
- The President appoints the comptroller and auditor general of India and he does not determine his salary and tenure.
- The salary and other conditions of service of the CAG are determined by the Parliament of India through “The Comptroller and Auditor-General (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971”.