Q. With reference to the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), consider the following statements.
1. It is a specialized United Nations agency engaged in providing grants and loans at low interests.
2. It is headquartered in Rome.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Sri Lanka and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) are working together to promote the island’s agriculture-based economy.
- It is a specialized United Nations agency created in 1977 engaged in providing grants and loans with low interest for allied projects. The organization is an outcome of the World Food Conference of 1974. (Statement 1 is correct)
- The IFAD works with rural people allowing them to enhance their food security, improve nutrition and raise their incomes.
- It also helps people to expand their businesses.
- It is headquartered in Rome. (Statement 2 is correct)
- IFAD brings out the Rural Development Report every year.