Q. With reference to the “Sentinelese”, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The population of Sentinelese is shown increasing trend in last decade.
2. Sentineles are Negrito tribes who inhabited the North Sentinel Island of Andaman.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The Population growth of Sentinelese does not show any improvement in the last Decade.
- The Sentinelese, with a population of about 50 to 100 on the North Sentinel Island, are not only among the most isolated of nearly 70 PVTGs across the country.
- The Andaman Islands are home to four ‘Negrito’ tribes namely the Great Andamanese, Onge, Jarawa and Sentinelese.
- Nicobar Islands are home to two ‘Mongoloid’ tribes – the Shompen and Nicobarese.
Source: The Hindu