Q. With reference to the soil health card scheme, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. It was launched by Ministry of Rural Development.
2. It is a field-specific detailed report of soil fertility status and other important soil parameters that affect crop productivity.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare introduced the soil health card scheme on December 5, 2015.
- Soil Health Card (SHC) is a printed report which contains nutrient status of soil with respect to 12 nutrients: pH, Electrical Conductivity (EC), Organic Carbon (OC), Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), Potassium (K), Sulphur (S), Zinc (Zn), Boron (B), Iron (Fe), Manganese (Mn) and Copper (Cu) of farm holdings.
- SHC is provided to all farmers in the country at an interval of 3 years to enable the farmers to apply recommended doses of nutrients based on soil test values to realize improved and sustainable soil health and fertility, low costs and higher profits. Farmers can track their soil samples and also obtain their Soil Health Card report.
- It is a field-specific detailed report of soil fertility status and other important soil parameters that affect crop productivity.
Source: Press Information Bureau