Q. With respect to Din Ilahi, which of the following given statement is/are correct?
1. It believes in one God.
2. It was aimed at bridging the gulf that separated different religions.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- In 1582, he promulgated a new religion called Din Ilahi or Divine Faith. It believes in one God. It contained good points of all religions. Its basis was rational.
- It upholds no dogma. It was aimed at bridging the gulf that separated different religions. However, his new faith proved to be a failure.
- It fizzled out after his death. Even during his life time, it had only fifteen followers including Birbal.
- Akbar did not compel anyone to his new faith.
Source: Tamil Nadu Board Class 11