News: The 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Mah is being celebrated during the month of September 2020.
- Rashtriya Poshan Mah: It is being celebrated under POSHAN Abhiyan (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment).
- Objective: To encourage Jan Bhagidaari in order to create a Jan Andolan for addressing malnutrition amongst young children and women and to ensure health and nutrition for everyone.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Women and Child Development being the nodal Ministry for POSHAN Abhiyaan is celebrating it in convergence with partner Ministries and departments at National, States/UTs,Districts and grass root level.
- Features: During this month activities related to nutrition awareness will be carried out by all the states/UTs up to the grass root level.
- Poshan Abhiyan: It was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Aim: To achieve improvement in nutritional status of Children (0-6 years) and Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM) in a time-bound manner and ensure attainment of malnutrition free India by 2022
- Targets: To reduce stunting, under- nutrition, anaemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls) and reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively.It would strive to achieve reduction in Stunting from 38.4% (NFHS-4) to 25% by 2022.