News:Russia has offered India for joint design and development of advanced conventional diesel-electric submarines under Project 75I.
- The Project 75I-class submarine is a follow-on of the Project 75 Kalvari-class submarines for the Indian Navy.
- Under this project,six new-generation conventional diesel-electric submarines will be constructed.
- They will have advanced Air-independent propulsion(AIP) systems to enable them to stay submerged for longer duration and substantially increase their operational range.
- They will also have a vertical launch system (VLS) to enable them to carry multiple Brahmos supersonic cruise missiles, making them capable of anti-surface and anti-ship warfare missions.
- Further,they will also feature advanced stealth capabilities such as a greater ability to suppress noise and acoustic signatures.
- A submarine is a watercraft capable of independent operation underwater.A submarine is the quietest military platform and extremely tough to detect.
- Their main cover is their ability to move stealthily under water and keep an eye on enemy movement of vessels.