News:The Ministry of Minority Affairs is implementing various schemes for the socio-economic and educational empowerment of Minorities.
About the Schemes:
- Naya Savera:It aims to provide free coaching to students/candidates belonging to minority communities for qualifying in entrance examinations of technical/ professional courses and Competitive examinations.
- Padho Pardesh:It is an interest subsidy based Scheme to students of minority communities on educational loans for overseas higher studies.
- Nai Udaan:It aims to support students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), State Public Service Commission (PSC) Staff Selection Commission (SSC) among others.
- Nai Roshni:It is a Leadership Development Programme for Minority Women.
- Seekho Aur Kamao – It is a Skill development scheme for minority youth of 14 – 35 years age group and aimed at improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts among others.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram(PMJVK):It aims to provide better socio economic infrastructure facilities to the minority communities which would lead to lessening of the gap between the national average and the minority communities with regard to backwardness parameters.
- Nai Manzil – Launched in 2015.It aims to provide formal education and skills to minority youths who do not have a formal school leaving certificate to seek better employment and livelihoods in the organised sector.
- Hamari Dharohar– It aims to preserve the rich heritage of minority communities of India under the overall concept of Indian culture implemented since 2014-15.