News: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has approved funding for 11 projects under the MATRICS scheme for studying Mathematical modeling and computational aspects to tackle the COVID 19 pandemic.
Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support (MATRICS) Scheme:
- Launched Year:2017
- Nodal Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Aim:To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences.
- Should be an active researcher in the field of Mathematical Sciences and allied areas
- Should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree at least five years before and must be working in academic institutions or any other recognized R&D institutions.
- Should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of proposal.
- Nature of Support: Research grant of Rs. 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
- SERB:It is a statutory body established through an Act of Parliament in 2008.It is chaired by the Secretary to the Department of Science and Technology and has other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.