List of Contents
What is the news?
The Science and Engineering Board(SERB) launched a portal called “SERB – Project Information System & Management(SERB-PRISM Portal)”.
About the SERB-PRISM Portal:
- Aim: The portal aims to provide information regarding all projects sanctioned by SERB from 2011 onwards. The information includes funding details, status, research summary, and project output details such as publications and patents.
- Further, The SERB-PRISM Portal also has search facilities to enable retrieval of information about projects.
Significance of the SERB-PRISM Portal:
- The portal is expected to work as a comprehensive tool. It is to help produce stronger scientist-scientist and science-society connections.
- Apart from that, the SERB-PRISM Portal will also help researchers to look at various important things. Furthermore, it includes research trends, learning about cutting-edge science, locating critical equipment in their vicinity, and helping seek collaborations across disciplines.
About Science and Engineering Board(SERB):
- Nodal Ministry: SERB is a statutory body established in 2009. It functions under the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Chaired by: It is chaired by the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology. Further, it has other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.
- Mandate: It got set up for promoting basic research in science and engineering. The SERB also provides financial assistance to scientists, academic institutions, Research and Development laboratories, industrial concerns, and other agencies for such research.
Source: Down To Earth