List of Contents
What is the News?
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) in collaboration with Intel India has launched the Fund for Industrial Research Engagement(FIRE) Program.
About Fund for Industrial Research Engagement(FIRE) Program:
- The FIRE program is a joint government and industry initiative with an aim to promote innovative technology solutions and strengthen academic research through collaboration with key research and development(R&D) organizations in India.
Key Features of the FIRE Program:
- The program intends to select highly impactful research projects in every cycle (typically once or twice a year) which have breakthrough potential at a national or global level.
- These projects will be in the space of Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML), platform systems, circuits & architecture, Internet of Things (IoT), security, and so on from edge to cloud.
- Moreover, the selected projects will get support with funding, mentoring and industry connect.
About Science and Engineering Board(SERB):
- SERB is a statutory body established in 2009. It functions under the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Functions: It was set up for promoting basic research in science and engineering.It also provides financial assistance to scientists, academic institutions, Research and Development laboratories, industrial concerns, and other agencies for such research.
- Chaired by: It is chaired by the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology. Further, it has other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.