The storm of Prelims 2021 has just settled and you must have entered a phase to evaluate your preparation level while analyzing the changing nature of the Prelims exam. The Commission has stood up to its reputation to be dynamic, challenging, and ever-evolving. This year we have seen the continuation of conceptual questions derived from a rich balance of static and current affairs, there has also been a return of pre-2013 format with assertion/reasoning based questions, questions on personality, and major sports events etc.
Validating our performance with more than 2000+ selections in 2021 through our SFG Test series, we are hereby entering the 4th year of one of our most innovative programs for successfully cracking the Prelims Examination.
The Select Focus Group test series has been designed exactly to the demand of the Prelims examination. In Level 1 we will focus on:
- Developing the art of solving prelims questions along with developing a considerable knowledge base.
- Complete chapter-wise coverage of standard books and all NCERTs (often neglected by students).
- 10 Previous Years Questions will be covered in each test, to accustom the students towards the type of questions asked by UPSC.
- Focusing on analytical questions with interlinkages of different dimensions.
- We will not be covering current affairs at this level, rather focus on the static syllabus and get it done comprehensively.
|Notice: SFG 2022 – Level 1 Entrance test is now scheduled to be held on 26th Dec. 2021 and the program will start from 10th Jan. 2021.|
If the government allows the education institutes to reopen, then the tests will be conducted via both online and offline modes for all our centres. Otherwise, we will be conducting the tests in offline mode in Hyderabad and Patna centres and in online mode for the rest of the country.
The registration for the test can be done by clicking here.
SFG – How it works
Select Focus Group (SFG) is a small group of students who are selected by ForumIAS every year for coaching them to clear the UPSC Prelims Examination. Every single candidate selected and retained consistently in the group with Top ranks has cleared the Prelims examination in the past.
100 Students will be selected for the Select Focus Group, through the SFG Entrance Test, who will be required to report at 7AM every day 5 days a week to write an hour-long test based on a pre-planned syllabus, followed by a discussion on the same.
Candidates who are unable to make it to the SFG, will be maintained in a Reserve List, who can also write the tests. Candidates who couldn’t clear the cutoff and are unable to make it into both SFG and RLG can register for the 2nd Entrance Test.
Tests are conducted daily and results are provided within 8 hours of the test with Name and Rank list for candidates to evaluate their daily performance. On the basis of ranks, about 50% of bottom-performing students from SFG are migrated to the reserve list on a weekly basis, and an equal number of students from reserve list (RLG) are moved into SFG.
The decision of the management in this regard is final and not subject to dispute. Please note that this migration is done not keeping in mind the overall merit list but moving away bottom 50% from SFG and picking up an equal number of people from RLG.
Thus those who may be getting more than RLG students, but are bottom 50 in SFG will be moved to RLG.
Every month, the bottom 20% or so non-performing students are eliminated from the program to maintain the quality of competition.
All candidates writing the CSE 2022 are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
This year we introduce some changes as to how we conduct the SFG exam. Please note that changes that we bring are always in response to the examination pattern, the student feedback, and our own learning with respect to how to best enable a serious candidate to clear the exam.
- The program will commence from 10th January 2021, admission to which will be entrance-based. The Entrance Test will be conducted on 26th December 2021 in both online and offline mode. The results of the Entrance Test will be announced by 28th Dec. 2021.
- Admission to the SFG and RLG are based on the rank of the candidate in the merit list of the SFG Entrance Test. Students can apply for the program by registering for the Entrance Test by paying a fee of Rs. 500+ GST. Candidates can register by visiting https://go.forumias.com/sfg22entrance. The candidate must appear for the entrance test on the designated date and time, subsequent to which he/she will be admitted to the Select Group or the Reserve List.
- 100 students will be selected for SFG – 50 from online mode and 50 from students who gave the test in offline mode in Delhi and Patna center. The remaining students will be selected for RLG. Students can switch from online to offline mode or vice versa before attempting the first test on 16th December. The rank list of online and offline students will be published separately.
- The candidate must pay the program fee as per the group he/she is allocated.
Note: Admissions to the SFG / RLG Group will only be on the basis of the merit position of the candidate in the entrance test. No admission will be granted to the candidate without appearing for the Entrance Test.
Fee Structure and Details:
The course duration is about 60 days and fees will be charged after your selection to the SFG/RLG list.
- Fees for First Month ( 5 weeks ) will be Rs. 1700 + GST for SFG and Rs. 2300 + GST for RLG
- Fees for the second month will be Rs. 1300 + GST for SFG & Rs. 1900 + GST for RLG
SFG 2022 Level 1 – Calendar Released – 10th November 2021 | 08:00 PM
Entrance Test – 26th Dec. 2021 | For offline: slots will be provided at the centre.
Notice: If the government allows the education institutes to reopen, then the tests will be conducted via both online and offline modes for all our centres. Otherwise, we will be conducting the tests in offline mode in Hyderabad and Patna centres and in online mode for the rest of the country.
Result of Entrance Test – 28th Dec. 2021
Last Date for Fee Payment – 9th January 2021
Program Commencement – 10th January 2021