- India’s Foreign Minister during Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit in Tajikistan, highlighted Terrorism remains the most overwhelming threat to development and prosperity of the nation.
- Indian Foreign Minister has refused to communicate with Pakistan during SCO summit in Tajikistan.
- Pakistan role in terrorist attacks on India’s security personnel is the main reason why India is avoiding direct communication with Pakistan.
- India’s stand in SCO summit:
- India wants, all connectivity initiatives, citing CPEC, must be on based on the principles of respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, consultations, good governance, transparency, viability and sustainability.
- India has opposed the CPEC projects and protested to China as it is being laid through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- India urged, all states must assume their national responsibility and cooperate with each other in fighting with terrorism.
- India welcome welcomed the signing of the Protocol of the SCO-Afghanistan Contact Group to bring stability on Afghanistan