News:Union Minister for Human resource development(HRD) has launched the Plagiarism Detention Software (PDS) “Shodh Shuddhi”.
About Shodh Shuddhi:
- Shod Shuddhi will significantly help to improve the quality of research outcomes by ensuring the originality of ideas and publication of the research scholars.
- This service is being implemented by INFLIBNET, an Inter University Centre (IUC) of UGC.
- Initially,about 1000 Universities/ Institutions namely the (a)Central Universities (b)Centrally Funded Technical Institutions(CFTIs) (c)State Public Universities (d)Deemed Universities (e)Private Universities (f)Inter University Centre(IUCs) & (g)Institutes of National Importance are being provided with this service.
- Plagiarism is the wrongful appropriation and stealing and publication of another author’s language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions and the representation of them as one’s own original work.
Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre:
- Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre is an autonomous Inter-University Centre of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India.
- It is a major National Programme initiated by the UGC in March 1991 with its headquarters at Gujarat University Campus, Ahmedabad.
- INFLIBNET is involved in modernizing university libraries in India using the state-of-art technologies for the optimum utilisation of information.
- The University Grants Commission of India (UGC India) is a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government in accordance to the UGC Act,1956 under Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It is charged with coordination,determination and maintenance of standards of higher education.
- UGC also provides recognition to universities in India and disburses funds to such recognised universities and colleges.
- In 2018,Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has prepared a draft bill to repeal apex body University Grants Commission (UGC).
- The bill is named as Higher Education Commission of India (Repeal of University Grants Commission Act) Bill 2018.It provides for setting up of Higher Education Commission of India in place for UGC.