What is the News?
Indian Railways ensured 100% compliance with the minimum wage pay to contract workers. E-application Shramik Kalyan Portal used for this purpose.
About Shramik Kalyan Portal:
- Launched by: the Indian Railways in the year 2018.
- Purpose: to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Minimum Wages Act. Also, to ensure that contractual workers of Indian Railways get their rightful due.
How does Shramik Kalyan Portal work?
- The portal enables all Railway contractors to register themselves and subsequently add work orders issued by different Railway units.
- The contractors also have to create a profile of each contract worker and update the wages provided to him/her on a regular basis.
- Railway authorities before passing the contractors’ bills have to:
- Check whether contract workers’ wage data have been uploaded by the contractor or not and
- Ensure that wages paid by the contractors conform with the minimum wages fixed by the government.
Source: Indian Express