Why in News?
Union Minister of Tribal Affairs has virtually launched the Shram Shakti Portal for data related to Tribal migrants. The Minister also launched the tribal training module- ShramSaathi.
Shram Shakti portal:
The portal has been launched to tackle the challenge of lack of real-time data on the migrants with the Governments.
- ShramShakti Portal: It is a National Migration Support Portal that aims to collect data related to tribal migrant workers and link them with the existing welfare schemes.
- The various data that will be recorded via the portal include demographic profile, livelihood options, skill mapping, and migration pattern.
- The portal would be able to successfully address the data gap and empower tribal migrant workers, who generally migrate in search of employment and income generation.
- It would also effectively help in the smooth formulation of state and national level programs for migrant workers.
ShramSaathi – Training module
It is a tribal training module. It aims to ensure the process of livelihood migration is safe and productive for tribal migrants. Once training is done the tribal migrant worker can demand and access services, rights and entitlements etc.
Reason for the launch of module:
- Tribal migrants have low awareness about their rights and entitlements
- They also do not know the ways to access services and social security in source and destination areas