About the SANT Missile:
- It is an indigenously designed and developed air-to-surface missile.
- The missile has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO labs.
- It is the fourth-generation missile upgraded variant of HELINA(helicopter based NAG missile-third generation missile developed by DRDO.
- Key Features:
- The missile is equipped with a state-of-the-art millimetre wave(MMW) seeker, which provides high precision strike capability from a safe distance.
- Range-The missile can neutralise targets in a range of up to 10 km.
- It is one of the best airborne anti-armour guided missiles in the world.
- The missile has both lock-on before launch and lock-on after launch capability.