News: Maharashtra government has declared the Tilari forest area as a conservation reserve area.
- Tillari Conservation Reserve: It will be the seventh wildlife corridor in the state to be declared as a ‘conservation reserve’.
- The reserve connects the Mhadei sanctuary in Goa and Bhimgad in Karnataka.
- Conservation reserves and community reserves are terms denoting protected areas of India which typically act as buffer zones between established national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and reserved and protected forests of India.
- Such areas are designated as conservation areas if they are uninhabited and completely owned by the Government of India but used for subsistence by communities and community areas if part of the lands are privately owned.
- These protected area categories were first introduced in the Wildlife (Protection) Amendment Act of 2002 − the amendment to the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972.