News:The Statue of Unity has been included in the 8 wonders of Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO).
About 8 Wonders of SCO:The Eight Wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO) project embraces eight unique archeological and historical monuments of the SCO member states.These eight sites are:
- Statue of Unity in India
- Daming Palace in China
- Navruz Palace in Tajikistan
- Mughals Heritage in Pakistan
- Lake Issyk-Kul in Kyrgyzstan
- Po-i-Kalan complex in Uzbekistan
- Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan
- Golden Ring of Russia.
About Statue of Unity:
- The Statue of Unity is a memorial to Sardar Vallabhai Patel.It was inaugurated on 31st October 2018 in commemoration to Sardar Patel on his 143rd birth anniversary.
- It is situated in the Kevadia town,Narmada district Gujarat. It has been built on the Sadhu Bet Island, on the Narmada River.
- It is the tallest statue in the world with a height of 182 mts.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO):
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) also known as the Shanghai Pact is a Eurasian political, economic, and military organisation.
- It was was founded in 2001 in Shanghai.The Secretariat of SCO is based in Beijing,China.
- The members of the SCO are China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.