What is the News?
The Government of India has taken several steps to spread awareness about the Pusa Decomposer.
About Pusa Decomposer:
- Pusa Decomposer is a low-cost capsule that can convert paddy stubble into bio-manure.
- The capsule consists of a fungi-based liquid solution that can soften hard stubble to the extent that it can be easily mixed with soil in the field to act as compost.
- Developed by: Pusa Decomposer Technology has been developed by ICAR – Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi.
- This method rules out the need to burn the stubble. It also helps in retaining the essential microbes and nutrients in the soil that is otherwise damaged when the residue is burned.
- The window of time required for the Pusa Decomposer solution to work is around 20 to 25 days. Farmers argue that this window is too long for them.