- Government’s commitment to ensuring data protection.
- The IT Minister assured that unauthorized use of data would be dealt with stringent actions.
- The Government wants to make data analytics a national movement.
Why is such a stringent stand of the government required?
- Big data analytics can help in precision governance and inclusive growth of the country.
- Right to privacy has been recognized as a Fundamental Right by the Supreme Court of India.
What is the area of opportunity?
- Currently, in India, there is a big gap between data being available and data being utilized.
How to promote big data analytics?
- To promote big data analytics, the government has come out with various IT initiative like 24-hour Hackathon under Startup Eco-system Development programme.
- The Open Government Data (OGD) Platform was started in March 2012.