What is the News?
Union Minister for Social justice and Empowerment is going to virtually launch the “Sugamya Bharat App”.
About the Sugamya Bharat App:
It is a mobile application developed to sensitise and enhance accessibility within the 3 pillars of the Accessible India Campaign. These pillars namely- the transportation sector, building an accessible environment and the ICT ecosystem in India.
The app will aid the Accessible India Campaign towards making a barrier-free and conducive environment for Divyangjans (Persons with Disabilities – PwDs)
Features of the Sugamya Bharat App: The app provides five main features:
- The four features are directly related to enhancing accessibility. These accessibility-related features are:
- Registration of complaints of inaccessibility with easy photo uploads and geotagging
- Positive feedback of examples and best practices worth emulating being shared by people as jan-bhagidhari (People’s participation)
- Departmental updates
- Guidelines and circulars related to accessibility.
- The fifth is a special feature meant only for Divyangjan for COVID related issues.
Other Features of the Sugamya Bharat App:
- The app is available in 10 regional languages.
- The app is simple to use with an easy registration process. The Sugamya Bharat App will require only 3 mandatory fields such as Name, Mobile number and Email-id.
- The App also contains many user-friendly features. For example, easy drop-down menus, videos in Hindi and English, sign language interpretation etc.