What is the News? The Chief Justice of India launches the Supreme Court’s “SUPACE Portal”.
About SUPACE Portal:
- Full-Form: SUPACE stands for Supreme Court Portal for Assistance in Court’s Efficiency.
- Purpose: It is an artificial intelligence-based portal. It will make the research work easier for judges, thereby easing their workload.
- Key Features of the Portal:
- The portal collects relevant facts and laws and makes them available to a judge.
- The portal is not designed to make decisions. It only processes facts and makes them available to judges, looking for input for a decision.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Firstly, Artificial Intelligence is a branch of computer science concerned with making computers behave like humans.
- Secondly, it refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem-solving and decision-making.
Note: During the inauguration of Portal, CJI has said that: “Artificial Intelligence(AI) is to the intellect, what muscle memory is to the mind”.
Source: Indian Express