Source : The Hindu
News: Boeing has announced the successful demonstration of the compatibility of its F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jets with the Indian Navy’s aircraft carriers as part of its pitch for the Navy’s fighter procurement.
- Super Hornet Fighter Jet: It is the world’s most lethal, advanced, combat-proven, multi-role frontline fighter-jet.
- Developed by: The jet has been developed by US Aerospace Company, Boeing.
- Key Features
- Multi-role Superiority: Capable of tactical strikes, air reconnaissance, air defense, and maritime roles.
- Cutting-edge Technologies: Enhanced computing and data link, advanced cockpit system, signature improvements
- Lifecycle Affordability: Lowest cost per flight hour among all U.S. tactical fighters in production.